Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Recovering

I know I haven't post in a very long time. I'm recovering...

Recovering from the 8 exams we wrote in the last 10 days of semester three.
Recovering from semester 3.
Recovering from eye surgery.
But presently, just recovering from christmas food :)

I've got one more week before going back to the rock and this break has been the most relaxing yet.
Semester three ended. That's all I can really say about it. It was the most stressful thing I have ever gone through - I am through and not looking back.
As soon as I got home I had an eye surgery so I was forced to relax, sleep and not do anything strenuous... It's harder than I thought!! After the constant stress of third semester sitting down and dwindling your thumbs for 4 days straight was frustrating. I couldn't really read or watch much TV so I was forced to sleep. (hahaha most people would not be complaining if they were forced to sleep.) Trust me, I wasn't complaining but I needed to get up and do something. It's weird that I started missing school, studying and... the island. I know, I know I wasn't expecting it either but I think it's become my new home and part of my new life. Yes, I admit that I am looking forward to starting 4th semester :)
So until I go back I have a whole list of things I'd like to do: more reading (you probably could've guessed this by now!), watching TED talks - I've come across some really cool ones which I will be posting here - and spending some time enjoying the snow that will hopefully arrive.

wishing everyone merry christmas/happy holidays!

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Don't know if you read the newer comments on the old posts, so I thought I'd post again here:
    Hi! I love your blog! I was wondering if by starting in January and if one is able to schedule to schedule rotations back to back if they would be able to make the match in March 3 years from when the started and essentially graduate in 3.5 years, instead of having to wait for the next year's match? I know Saba now has the 8 week Research Module and I was wondering when one would complete that, at Saba or the US, before or during or after studying and taking Step 1, and does it significantly delay when one can start rotations and prevent them from making the match and graduating in 3.5 years? I'm trying to choose which school and would appreicate any advice. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi:
    Hope you are enjoying your holidays..... my question is..... why Saba? as compared to some of the other Caribbean schools You may have given this answer in an earlier post....


    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm thinking about attending Saba in Sept 2012 and I was wondering if you maybe tell me a bit about why you chose to go there. I feel like we would have similar reasons, and I'd just like to hear a bit more about the school. Thanks :)
    My email is jhiltz17@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I totally love your blog! Just finished reading the ENTIRE thing.....very helpful! Plus, it is pretty much solidifying Saba as one of my top med schools of choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if you could answer some questions:
    Are there enough students who get accepted and complete their BS while earning their MD? (pre-requisites met, average MCAT, average GPA)
    Is it possible and a good idea to bring your pet w/ you to the island? (dachsund)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete