Monday, September 20, 2010

First Blog Post!

Hello blog world! I have decided that it is time I start posting since I am coming to realize that I will be leaving in less than 3 months for medical school... Daunting, yet exciting.

I would have thought that my first post would be when I officially accepted admission to Saba University School of Medicine - that's when I first created this blog. But I haven't felt that need to post because the fact that I will be going to medical school didn't sink in until last week. So let me tell you that last Thursday I was in the TD Bank office with our amazing rep hearing that I got approved for an $180 000 loan! I couldn't stop smiling. I was excited and relieved. Those feeling are not typical of a person who is signing away the next 15 years of their life to living in debt. But for me it was amazing because I realized I actually have funding to pay my way through getting my MD. It's actually happening! ... Uprooting my comfortable life in Toronto and going to the Caribbean. Everyone says I am so lucky that I will be living on an island. To me it's medical school; I am going with the thought of studying 24/7 and eventually making time to eat and enjoy the warm air. Exciting. Anxious. Nervous. Fear?... My thoughts are all mixed up but I do know that whenever I say to someone that I am going to be a doctor I have a goofy smile on my face so that should be a sign... right?

5 comments:

  1. You graduated with honors and have very good work ethics. I have to ask you why then did you go to a school offshore and not to a canadian/U.S. med school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple answer... I applied and didn't get in. I had a mediocre GPA and MCAT overridden with many extracurriculars. It's not enough in Canada. So instead of doing a master and waiting to see if I make it through the second round decided to take the Caribbean path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was your first semester? I was accepted and due to start on the May semester. I am nervous, yet excited. How is the loan situation? I have heard that the debt at the end is horrible, is that true?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody, My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 73,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 73,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I know this is an outdated post but I recently came across your blog and was wondering if you'd be able to provide any insight about the Canadian student loan application process?

    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete