Friday, June 3, 2011

Knowing when to stop

Part of medical school and learning is to know when to stop.
to stop studying.

*picture taken from our physiology TA review. 
I think it's pretty accurate :)

Forcing yourself to study when you are mentally tired from 6 hours of class every day and then studying at night is not productive!! AND it makes you more tired. Knowing your limits is important in getting through medical school. Most students feel guilty sleeping 8 hours a night... because you can get by on 5 hours of sleep and gain 3 extra hours of studying right?
Sleep is crucial. Unproductive studying is a waste of time and energy. So tonight, a friday night, I will not feel guilty that I am taking the rest of the night off to hang out and have dinner with some friends. I will wake up early and be productive all day tomorrow. - I hope.


Stress gets to all of us, but being able to control it and clear your head is as important as passing medical school. (at least in my opinion)

signing off for the night,
IDL

No comments:

Post a Comment