Friday, February 25, 2011

Half way!

wow. I can't believe 1st semester is half way done! The time has gone by extremely fast... my first day of medical school was 2 months ago. I guess this fast pace is good for one thing!

Third round of exams are coming up on monday and tuesday. I have to say that this time things have been hectic. The abdomen and pelvis is such a small space with MANY many organs, spaces, nerves, arteries, veins, lymph nodes, relations... well you get the picture. The good thing about doing the abdomen is that it finally lets you connect the dots between the thoracic cavity and the lower limbs from the first 2 exams. It's all coming together and it is quite fascinating. For such a small space, the precision and placement of each organ is really astounding - the coils of the small intestine, the protection of the, liver, kidney...At the same time it makes me realize how many chances there are for things can go wrong during the development of the embryo. One error and it can lead to fatal conditions. Scary.

In terms of general updates - which I know I haven't been so good at posting in these two weeks - nothing is really new. I entered a very repetitive study schedule this time so besides taking a break to go to the gym or take a walk, I ate, slept and studied. I know, it's an extremely exciting schedule! :P
But I just wanted to write and say that everything is okay. 2 more exams + the shelf exam (a USA official cumulative examination) and I am home bound!

It's funny, I was talking to some of my friends today and we were already starting to plan for the Tuesday after the exam.... swimming? snorkel? hike the mountain? local resort for the day? dinner and movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment