Saturday, February 19, 2011

Simply stunning

I went for a walk today to get away from studying anatomical relations in the abdomen (ugh). I ended up taking the path I use for running but I kept going all the way down this crazy, winding hill. (bumped into my anatomy professor on the way down - they look different not wearing scrubs! haha) The road led to Well's Bay which is one of the few places you can go swimming on Saba, if the water is calm enough. The waves were crashing into the rocks too hard to go swimming today so I ended up just sitting and taking in the view and the relaxing sounds. It was truly amazing. A postcard picture. Taking it all in was the most relaxing thing I've done so far...
-- Unfortunately the hike back was a gruelling 30min walk back up a VERY steep hill just to get into town!
Here are some pictures from the walk... wish you guys could've been with me.

Starting to walk down as the sun is setting. The cloud reflections off of the water were beautiful

Well's Bay. I was about 10 minutes away at this point.

Finally made it!

Starting the hike back up. Even though the sun set and there are no street lights you could still see because of the brightness of the stars. 

It was incredible. I tried taking pictures of the starry sky but no good. I wonder what kind of lens you would need... my photographer friends back home would be in paradise on this island! Maybe I should take up photography!! (in my "spare" time?)

No comments:

Post a Comment