Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back to the books - too soon!


One more block over and another one began. The scheduling for second semester, well, sucks! We’ve had 4 exams and 2 new lectures within the last 30 hours. 3 exams in one day and then go home to study for the fourth. Wake up at 8am for a new lecture in biochemistry, take exam at 11-12, lunch for 45min and go back for a 2 hour lecture in physiology!
Apparently this next section is the hardest of the 5 from second semester. We are learning renal and respiratory physiology in 2.5 weeks plus THIS for biochemistry!



Or at least this is what our yesterday's lecture opened up with! remind me again why I want to do this?!
Guess I should be getting ready for lots and lots of "fun"!

But all joking aside, I am super excited about the coming weekend. As I briefly mentioned before, the medical students hold an annual health fair for the community where we get a chance to interact with the locals and practice simple skills like taking blood pressure and administering/reading ECGs. I think it will be a great way to get some hands on experience and to do something different for a change.
AND Sunday I will be starting my scuba diving certification J Can’t wait! The first half of the day will be in a pool learning simple techniques/ procedures and after lunch we have 2 open water dives scheduled.
Look forward to some pictures being uploaded from both events.

1 comment:

  1. Could I get this chart emailed to me?? Ashley.t.hicks@gmail.com!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete