Saturday, June 11, 2011

PQRST...UVWXYZ?

hahaha. for those of you who don't know, we learned how to read ECGs in my physiology class for this section of exams. Today is my physiology day to prep for the upcoming exam on monday. I have been staring at ECGs all morning trying to distinguish between all the different PQRST segments for various diseases! - at least I know my alphabet really well by now :)
I have to say this is one of my favourite things I have learned in medical school. It's so applicable and important to be able to do on the spot. (It is a little scary though. Reminds me that I am actually going to become a doctor and people will depend on me to diagnose these correctly. Good wake up call!)
Referring to my post below I am definitely at the Q wave stage...

Exams are around the corner and its crunch time again. The past week went by as a haze; everyone is anticipating this block to be a good one. I hope they are right.
Go block weekend!

PS. The upcoming week is going to be crazy busy (in a good way!). Exams monday and tuesday. Health fair preparations wednesday and thursday -- I will fill you in on the health fair next week when I have more time to write --. Health fair Saturday AND Scuba diving certification on sunday. So excited :)

PPS. I will be home 2 months from today

PPPS. Over 5000 views. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment