Thursday, June 23, 2011

Study, Study, Scuba!!... Study, Study

Scuba diving was amazing!! I don't have much time to write tonight but I thought I would post some pictures tonight and tell you all about it when I become fully certified on Saturday! I can't wait to go back... only way I have gotten off the island and its a wonderful feeling to get away from school :)

with no more anticipation, here they are... it was an amazing day! I'm hoping to get a water proof case for next semester so I can capture the amazing world under water. Did I mention I kneeled on the bottom of the Caribbean Sea and was at an arm length from nurse sharks?! Incredible experience. So if you ever have the chance DON'T hesitate!  Do it!

Part of the gang hitching a ride down to the dock after a half day training session in a freezing cold pool! We couldn't wait to get into the warm caribbean water.


back of the truck

My scuba diving buddy and I :) We could also become puzzle buddies in the near future! Yes, we were both those nerds that LOVED puzzles as a kid. Had the sticky roll-up mat and everything. Seriously.


Scuba gear ready to go



'The Rock' that I live on... 1 more year.

Scuba buddies! Right before our first dive.

5 comments:

  1. Ilinca, I finally have your blog link up on my new computer. It took a while but I am back lurking you! xo Karen...okay...I am ready....read you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen

    can you tall me how the diving school works down there pls. if you have licence from here do you think they accept it and how much is the cost for classes and for diving ?

    I'll be coming there for the may 2012 i think and your blog made me like Saba much more than other caribbean schools

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ karen: welcome back!!
    @ dave: your best bet is to talk to the diving schools directly. I did my certification through sea saba (www.seasaba.com) but there are a couple others on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Karen for your respond :).

    I just read you last post, it should be really hard when half the class fail !! I'm really scared what happens if someone fails one subject btw? Do you think it helps if I buy the books they use and study them before i get there?

    thanks for your awesome blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Memories in a Post. Well Described. Thanks for sharing your Scuba Diving Journey. In recent Years Scuba Diving is the talk of the town. People mostly search Scuba Gear on the internet today in order to do Scuba Diving. Scuba Diving has been a source for their adventures. It has been added to the Bucket List of peoples from many countries in the last decade. Explore more and Post more experiences about Scuba Diving & Snorkelling.

    ReplyDelete