Friday, July 1, 2011

The little things... and other ramblings

I'm sorry I haven't been so good at posting this semester but they are really working us to the bone! It's block weekend once again. #3. This one is supposed the be the hardest of the semester and they weren't kidding! I haven't even had time to go for my regular runs this week. 
Studying and class = sleep deprivation! Meaning naps ruled over running this block (which is VERY rare if you know me!).

Anyways, this post is a little all over the place but I wanted to share something about the little things in life; the ones that make your day. Living away from home really made me appreciate some things a lot more. For a healthy-conscious person I'd never thought I would see the day when getting a free donut would make my day. But it happened today! yep. I was walking through a rain created river down the hill, all wet and sticky from the humidity and decided to go to the student coffee shop for some snacks. Since it's friday and they were closing soon he decided to through in a free donut with my purchase of muffins :) -- yes I know I really have to run my a** off next week, but it was totally worth it!.
I'm hoping this is a sign that the weekend will go well...I need it to go well as this is what I will be looking at for physiology. 


YOU try to figure it out - let me know when you do! (by the way, this is only ONE of the 20 slide reviews. (Trust me the others are just as confusing)

On a good note, I am officially a certified open water scuba diver :) Last saturday's dives were amazing. We went to a new reef this time. Saw some sting rays, parrot fish and spotted puffer fish! I'm hoping I can get an underwater case for my camera so I can post how gorgeous it was. For now, you are going to have to settle with our group photo! This is us and our 2 awesome scuba guides. 




PS. Happy Canada Day!! ... or Happy block weekend to those who are writing with me next week. really wish I was at the cottage celebrating rather than studying. Okay. I will suck it up, stop complaining and get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment