Thursday, October 20, 2011

Be aware, it's October.

October is breast cancer awareness month. Be aware.

my new necklace.

Breast cancer, unfortunately, affects almost everyone. So why not raise awareness about the importance of noticing self changes and performing self examinations.

The women's medical student association (WMSA) held our annual community event today! We walked around 'the bottom' and had a short informative session about breast cancer and how to raise awareness (including a great demo using breast models from the school to break the stigma/ embarrassment around doing self breast exams).

The turn out was great... see for yourself :)



I had a chance to talk to some friendly Saba locals about the impact breast cancer has had on their life.
successful study break?! I think so.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ilinka!
    Just wanted to say that I enjoy reading your blog. I go to school at AUC, just an island hop away from you all. I visited Saba a few semesters back with some of my med school friends and we checked out Saba's campus. Great to see you all doing something good for the community for Breast Cancer Awareness month!
    Benji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Benji! I read your blog too :). Thanks for dropping by and commenting. Hope your studying for step is going well.

    ReplyDelete