Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Takin' it easy

Sushi dinner on friday night!
After all the stress and frustration third semester has caused, a group of us caught a great deal on flights to St. Maarten and needless to say we made a trip  of it! Spent two nights in st. maarten and a full day at Orient beach (on the French side). It was so nice to be able to relax and hang out with friends outside of school.



Highlights?
Great food, swimming at 4 o'clock in the morning, enjoying island music, cocktails on the beach, sea-doos,  driving around st. Maarten in our rental cars and many ... adventures :)

finally got all 3 of us in the air!... only took 20 tries 

Amazing weekend. Can't say I came back well rested, but it definitely helped clear my head and de-stress. Ready to jump right back into it for the second half of the semester as long as this cold/flu doesn't get the best of me.

A 2 day vacation can do wonders on motivation.



here we go... 2 months till christmas break.
on our way back to Saba 

5 comments:

  1. Hey that's Bamboo Bernies! I'm sure you didn't run into many AUC students though since almost all of us were in lockdown mode studying for our blocks this past Monday. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just want to know why you chose SABA over the other big caribbean schools like AUC, Ross and SGU. Thanks, I really like reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son graduated from Saba last May and he is enjoying freedom! I totally understand your need to get to "civilization" on St. Maarten. It was a tough 2 years, but worth it. He's enjoying his rotation in Kansas City right now. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @andrea: St. Maarten is a great step up from Saba!! I think I would be a little too distracted to study on it - but I do miss the variety of food and being able to go anytime. Hope blocks went well. Keep up your blog :)

    @anonymous1: I chose SABA based on a number of reasons. I can send you a more detailed email if you are interested in my thought process.

    @anonymous2: So great to hear from someone who has been through this hectic process (even if indirectly). I'd love to hear some advice for moving on to the clinical rotations from your son... if it's possible (i.lupea@utoronto.ca). Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi =)

    I'm so glad I came across your blog this week, it has been my saviour! I got my acceptance for the Jan semester this past week and I had so many questions, thoughts, concerns, etc. Your blog has truly helped me and I look forward to meeting you! I'd also love to know the reasons for your choice if you don' mind as I am debating between attending Saba or AUC. My e-mail is (abee.raveendran@gmail.com).

    ReplyDelete