Thursday, December 9, 2010

the countdown begins...

So I'm back and apologize for not actually using this blog but my thoughts have been all over the place in the past couple of months!
Work has picked up tremendously as we launched 5 projects at once! yes, I know we are crazy, but passionate people who really love working with youth. We made it work with many long hours and weekends dedicated to public health :) but it was worth it. Today was the last session with my group of youth and I have to say that I was sad to say goodbye. I realized how attached I got to this project and working at Youth Voices. I can see myself now taking breaks from studying (IF those even exist in medical school!) and checking the youth4health website for blogging updates from the youth I was working with.

As for Saba, time is flying by and I actually started packing! crazy right? in 3 weeks I will be on an island, by myself, celebrating new years. (side note: saba is actually referred to as 'the rock'; it's very suiting as the only road on the island is called 'the road' and the village the campus is in is called 'the bottom'). A few days ago I went to go try on scrubs to check my size and that was surreal.... me + scrubs = actually on my way to becoming a doctor.

I'm still waiting for that split second where it will hit me that I am going to medical school. My guess is that it will be on the plane ride to St. Marten or during the actual orientation day!

We still haven't received our dorm assignments yet. It's making me anxious because one choice has a built-in kitchenette that you share with 3 other people and the other has NOTHING. I hope I get the kitchenette choice as cooking is one of my de-stressor activities and I really don't want to be living off of the instant chicken noodle soups where you just add water for the next 2 years!
I did get my class schedule in the mail though! Can  you guess it? class everyday 8-5pm. yep you read it right. My question is when do we get to study? or better yet when do we get to sleep?  I should probably catch up on my sleep during the holiday break. Speaking of sleep I should get going.

stay tuned for packing excitement, adventures and scrambles to fit my whole life in 100 pounds of luggage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment