Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I hope you have a relaxing, enjoyable and joyous holiday!

We did our traditional carolling adventure tonight! We basically are a convoy of cars, approximately 15 people, traveling to each of others' homes and carolling before being served loads of food and homemade drinks (tasted some great house wines tonight!). The tradition is that you have to sing to the host as a sign of gratitude for the food and also a way to wish the family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
It's definitely my favourite part of our Romanian holiday traditions: to have everyone in one house, gathered around food, singing and laughing!

We also opened presents tonight since my brother and his wife might be heading out early tomorrow to spend time with her family as well. Great way to end the night.

Tested out my new camera :) Here are some pictures from my night...


Find Diego!
My doggy got the best seat for opening presents but ended up swimming in wrapping paper and boxes by the end of the night.


Our Christmas Tree!

2 comments:

  1. Your christmas tree is so alive and colorful and vibrant!! Though I do not observe Christmas, I love celebrating with my friends and family. There is something about Christmas time that is warm and inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank Nour! Hope you had a great vacation! Keep up the amazing blogging job :)

    ReplyDelete