Monday, December 13, 2010

Seventeen.

Today started off amazing as the first thing I saw while commuting to work was an email from Saba housing. I finally received my dorm assignment and it was my first choice!! I am ecstatic; it has a kitchen, I am in a single room but have 3 roommates in the apartment - best of both worlds :)

On another note, I was flipping through the globe and mail today (my brother passed his CA and a list of names appears congratulating everyone so I wanted to clip it out!) and I saw an article about getting into medical school. It was about McMaster's Medical School innovative entry and interview approach. McMaster has a new way of choosing their future doctors, they don't simply focusing on grades but weigh it against the personality and character of the applicant. I think its great they are realizing that some of the students who have top marks may not have the most fitting personality to be a doctor - bedside manners are some of the top complaints by patients. According to the article 12 of Canada's 17 Medical schools have adopted the multiple mini interview strategy. I am looking forward for when this approach takes off in the states as well.

It's crazy how fast these days have been flying by...in 17 days I will be on a plane. But until then I have many plans to see friends and spend time with family. Definitely looking forward to the holidays!

Hoping everyone stays warm! (it's -20 here in Toronto)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your brother on his CA designation. My dad is a CA!!! Yippiiee!!

    I'm so excited for you and that you got the dorm room space of your choice. Having a kitchen is key! Over the holidays I'm going to definitely be experimenting with recipes and posting them on my site - keep checking and keep in touch <3

    ReplyDelete