Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The White Coat... and Bananas!

So this post is more of a quick update and long overdue pictures from the white coat ceremony in the first week of school :)


Me (on the right) and one of my roommates, Vanessa. 

Looking professional :) I think that at this moment I started to say to myself  "this is real. I am becoming a doctor!"

Okay. Here's the exciting update...
So remember when I posted about the relaxing weekend my roommates and I spent two weeks ago? and how we went grocery shopping? Well, Pooja and I bought a bunch of bananas and we were extremely proud of our purchase since they make for a great healthy snack! 
WELL it's been 2 weeks and the bananas are finally ripened! I had the first one today :) Yes, I know, probably not as exciting as you hoped for, but these little things really make my day. (especially since we went through a huge ordeal of wrapping the bananas in paper bags - which are impossible to find on this island - and then wrap the bag in a cloth and place it outside in the sun everyday at lunch time!) After all that work wouldn't you be excited to finally be able to eat one?!

quite lame, I know; but probably not as lame as our nerdy anatomy jokes we come up with in lab. THAT will be for another post entirely!


2 comments:

  1. Dear Ilinca, It still amazes me that cyberspace allows us to follow people we love from so far away...
    Your note is playful and upbeat despite the brutal workload! Yes! You look great in white! You are doing it!Celebrate with another banana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. It's a good way to de-stress at lunch. Keep up the good work. PS cant wait to come visit you there. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete