Wednesday, May 11, 2011

3 months left in 2nd semester... but who's counting?!

 It's been a week and I still feel like I am back in first semester. Starting over again, learning how to study and what to study. Each course in second semester (Biochemistry, Genetics, Physiology & epidemiology) has a different way of presenting the material. What concepts are we supposed to know? How many details do we need to memorize? The course load is bigger in 2nd and time management is MUCH more important.

For the past week I have been altering my schedule, trying to see what works. Instead of studying alone, we have formed a study group. So far its working well! We force each other to sit down and slowly go through concepts, questioning each other and forming hypothetical scenerios – very helpful. But, as you can imagine, it takes forever to get through one lecture! We have been studying every day from when classes finish at 3pm until 11:30 at night. Insane!
(not that I am trying to make excuses about my lack of blogging this semester J )
Hopefully digesting the amount of information coming at us will get easier as the semester progresses...

So, yes, I feel like a 1st semester all over again.


I also wanted to thank all those in first semester that have come up to me and told me they read my blog! It’s such an amazing feeling that I helped you prepare a little better for living on this rock ... and getting by.
I know your first exam is coming up in one week and panic might be setting in. My two cents? Don’t worry. The first exam is made to show you how and what you need to study. (trust me you will understand this soon!) Don’t get discouraged.. keep going.

The only thing I can help with is to share some of the online resources I found last semester for anatomy:
Good practice questions:

Embryology:
the Kaplan videos are also really gooda

Promise to post more regularly now. I am hoping to go on a hike this weekend (or ANYTHING that involves sunshine!) :)

1 comment:

  1. You Rock! love your blog, I literally read the whole thing!
    Honestly speaking I'm a lil nervous from starting med school at SABA this January, but ur blog certainly gave me motivation.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete