Sunday, May 29, 2011

The week's end.

Time for a quick post.
How does the weekend go by so fast all the time? This weekend I tried to relax, catch up on sleep and study as much as possible without tiring myself out. I think overall, it was a success :)
I went for a walk on Saturday afternoon and got caught in a summer downpour ... it was actually quite nice because the air was soooo humid that the rain was refreshing. So instead of going all the way down to the ladder, I explored the road near by and got some amazing shots to remind me why I actually like this island.

hiding out in a gazebo, waiting out the rain.

sun still shinning strong. I love these kind of rain storms


Hand break. - the Saba way

vibrant

such a calming view. Times like these I actually get to appreciate that I live in the middle of nowhere in the caribbean!

3 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous! Always happy to hear your updates. xo Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI IDL,
    Thank you so much for your posting your blog! I always try to check up on things to get a sense of the SABA life. Currently, I have graduated from U of T in biology and am trying to decide between AUC and SABA. My main fear regarding SABA involves the 75% course pass in comparison to AUC's 70%. If you can provide some pros and cons regarding SABA vs AUC, I would appreciate it! Thanks =D Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anonymous: I don't know much about AUC so I honestly can't say. I didn't look at it because I have heard that St. Maarten is not as safe and I already had a good friend attending Saba. I like the smaller class sizes at Saba. The pass rate is definitely high and does affect many people but, with that said, it is doable as you learn to study the way you need to in order to pass their tests. I look at it as getting me more prepared for my career... I'd rather have a high pass rate to ensure I know as much as possible. Other pro's about Saba? it's really how you accommodate to the living on a small island, in a small community, studying non-stop. You have to make the best of it. I have good days where I love it here and bad days where I can't wait to get home. It's like that for everyone (even at AUC I am sure.) hope this helps a little. Let me know if you have more specific questions...

    ReplyDelete