Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fear

Fear is a funny thing; it makes us question our decisions, it motivates us to be better, it pushes our limits... but in the end, it just makes us scared. Fear is a good thing - at least from my perspective. It shows me that I care about something so much that I am afraid to lose it. So I work harder to do what I need to keep going.

I've been asked a couple of times how I study at home. "don't you get distracted?". Well, no. Distraction causes panic and fear in the end. So, my motivation? To not become afraid. To avoid this fear (which is pushing me to study in the first place).

So, yes, I am ranting and going around in circles (I guess studying physiology feedback systems can do that to your thinking!) but my point is if you ever start questioning if you made the right decision, ask yourself if you are afraid to lose it. So embrace your decision and push through.
Am I afraid of not making it all the way to becoming a doctor? yes, sometimes. BUT that's a good thing! Makes me want it even more.

If we didn't care what we were fighting and sacrificing for then is it really worth it?

just a little food for thought... literally.

Baked some cookies for a saturday night study snack :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey - My name is Emma and I just came upon your blog. I will be starting Saba January 2012, and I have many questions about Saba. I was wondering if you could email me - and I ask you questions about Saba...

    Let me know!
    my email address is premedemma@gmail.com.

    Thanks,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur blog is awesome! thanks for sharing ur experiences with us. I am a 1st semester student at Saba and just done with block 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Emma: check your email :)

    @Kamyar: thank you and congratulations on being done block 1!! Hope you are taking some time off and relaxing before the next round... The Ladder, Wells Bay or the Ferry Dock are pretty good hang out spots :) or dinner at Tropics.

    ReplyDelete