Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back into the Wild

I am back on the island for round 2! Finally (somewhat) settled into my new apartment in The Bottom and trying to get used to the all the changes... new place, new classroom, less classmates. I arrived yesterday morning on Saba after a relaxing stay over in St. Maarten. I stayed at the Royal Turtle Inn which was a really nice surprise. The rooms are clean and good sized, they have a restaurant as part of the Inn where they serve the complementary breakfast (which is amazing!) AND there are parrots, rabbits and monkeys on the property as well as a pool! I would definitely recommend staying there. Very affordable and a 1 minute taxi ride from the airport - definitely walkable if you don't too many bags

As expected I arrived on Saba without my luggage... again. Although this time it managed to come with a later flight the same day! That was great because I packed a lot of food which would have gone a little bad or at least mushy from the heat.

It will take some adjusting to get back into a routine and to sink in that I am back on an island in the middle of the Caribbean! I have to admit, very strange feeling to go back home just for 2 weeks and then find yourself here. It feels like I just left. Back into the craziness of medical school. Back into the wild...wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. best of luck, ilinca! 2nd semester means you are getting a bit closer to fulfilling your dream,,,doina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunicii

    Iti uram si noi succes in continuare

    si mult curaj

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you always travel between Saba and St. Maarten via Winair? I notice that they have a very strict baggage policy. What exactly do you do when you are with no luggage, do you have to pay extra for you luggage to go in with another flight?

    ReplyDelete