Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sunshine


I realized sunshine is key to being in a good mood and relaxation (it also has to do with body regulation by the pineal gland as we just learned today). Yesterday, I stepped out of my third set of exams and I couldn’t stop smiling. Partly because we were more than halfway through 1st semester, partly because I did well and because I was in the Caribbean… which meant I could take a 25min walk and jump into the Caribbean sea.
That’s exactly what we did! We went down to the ferry dock, swam and soaked in the sun (the ferry dock is the best place to swim since there is no real beach on Saba island – apparently there is one near the airport that comes and goes with the tide in the summer season). Our only half day off was extremely relaxing. After our swim we ordered some pizza and just hung out. Great ending.

This morning, I am sitting in histology class as I am writing this and I look around to see that there aren’t that many students left. However, it’s great to see that those who are sticking it out have the drive and passion to drop everything familiar, adjust to living on an island and find the time to enjoy themselves in between the craziness of medical school… maybe enjoying themselves a little too much as many couldn’t wake up for class this morning J

Well more of my random thoughts later… time for anatomy.
Pictures will come as soon as I get ahold of them - I forgot my camera in the dorms

2 comments:

  1. Ilinca!

    Your blog is great....so well written...keep it up. The beach break sounded like fun. How many students have decided to go home, out of a starting class of...? Keep blogging for us.

    xo the Welland Ionsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thank you :). We started off with a class of 105 out of which I estimate 90 are left in our anatomy class; probably a little more in the histology and around 10 students completely dropped out of the program and headed home. Apparently it is a usual phenomenon. I talked to my friend in 5th semester (graduating class) and there are 58 students left...

    ReplyDelete